Romania’s Prosecutor General Augustin Lazar on Thursday said that the Hexi Pharma file is almost over, with a solution being expected by the end of the year or early 2017.
“The files are to be concluded. An effort is being made that they should be concluded by the end of the year. We’ll probably have a solution by the end of the year or in the first days of next year,” Lazar said before attending a meeting of the Supreme Council of Magistracy.
Regarding the miners’ riot case, the prosecutor general says this case is “more complex” but it is also in the final stage.
The investigation in the Hexi Pharma case started in spring this year after the media disclosed information related to the company’s selling diluted disinfectants to the hospitals in Romania.
The prejudice assessed by the prosecutor in the file mounts to around RON 70 M.
The owner of Hexi Pharma company, Dan Condrea, died in a suspicious car crash shortly after the scandal broke. The main lead so far is that Condrea committed suicide.
The results of the tests on the Hexi Pharma biocides ordered in Czechia reveal that the disinfectants were diluted indeed. Initially, the Hexi Pharma products have been tested at the Cantacuzino Research Institute, the conclusion showed that “the products were almost totally in accordance from the efficiency point of view.”
The manager of Hexi Pharma, Flori Dinu, Dan Condrea’s wife and her brother are prosecuted in this case. Flori Dinu is accused of 128 crimes of fraud.
The Health Ministry has recommended the suspension of the Hexi Pharma products in hospitals since May 12.