UNDERCLOUD, the first independent theatre festival in Romania, is turning ten this year. The anniversary edition is due in Bucharest on August 22-31, at ARCUB-Gabroveni Inn (84-90 Lipscani street), with renowned local and foreign theatre figures attending.
The tenth edition of UNDERCLOUD proposes the latest and most exciting independent theatre productions in three sections: Competition, Guests from abroad and Guests from Romania. Productions from France, Spain, Poland and Israel will join the festival.
„UNDERCLOUD is intuitively selecting youngsters who prove in a short while that they haven’t been an accident. The UNDERCLOUD is first of all racing with itself and therefore with the others. UNDERCLOUD was born out of the need to be together, to meet and to perform. The quality was what brought us together, regardless of the way we chose to express ourselves. Classic or experimental…UNDERCLOUD is backing the necessary shows,” said the director of the festival, Chris Simion-Mercurian.
- „ A lonely woman”, by Daniel Grigore-Simion, Art Theatre of Bucharest
- „Two contemporary women”, choreography by Ioana Marchidan, Linotip Choreographic Independent Center
- „Babel”, choreogrpahy by Arcadie Rusu, Linotip Choreographic Independent Center
- „Psycho”, directed by Iris Spiridon, Apollo 111 Theatre
- „Before Christ”, directed by Daniel Chirilă, LUNI Theatre from Green Hours
- „Homo Americanus”, by and with Paul Cimpoieru, LUNI Theatre from Green Hours
- „An inside out night”, directed by Tudor Țepeneag, , Art Theatre of Bucharest
- „Airport”, directed by Alexandru Nagy, Godot Cafe-Theatre
- „Bad children”, directed by Geanina Hergheligiu, Arte dell’ Anima Theatre
- „Romania 2050”, directed by Radu Popescu, Apropo Theatre
- „Singularity”, directed by Mariana Cămărășan, Art Theatre of Bucharest
- „The glass menagerie”, by Alexandra Penciuc, POINT
- „Cold”,directed by Alexandru Bogdan, UNTEATRU
- „Half song”, directed by Crista Bilciu, Teatrul de Foc
- „It’s me, Annabel”, directed by Cristina Andreea Ion, Lightwave Theatre
- ”Jonathan Livingstone sea gull”, a concept by Acrobatika starring Doru Mois and Alina Pisculungeanu.
- “An intervention“, directed by Radu Iacoban, Act Theatre.
The shows selected for the sections outside the competions ,”Guests from abroad” and „Guests from Romania” will be soon announced, as well as the special guests and the anniversary events.