Home / SOCIETY & PEOPLE / SOCIAL / Update 2: Code Yellow for storm in Bucharest. Mayor Gabriela Firea calls on Bucharesters to stay at home. Orange Code extended to seven counties. Man died in Vaslui struck by lightning
Furtuna-..

Update 2: Code Yellow for storm in Bucharest. Mayor Gabriela Firea calls on Bucharesters to stay at home. Orange Code extended to seven counties. Man died in Vaslui struck by lightning

orange code countiesLatest news: The storms seizing the country today have already made the first victims. A man struck by lightning in the field has died in Barlad area. The 49-year-old man was shepherd and was working in the field.

Another woman from Vaslui is in serious condition after she had been also struck by lightning while working in the vineyard. She is 64-year-old and she was from Puiesti village, near Vaslui city.

Several thousands of people in Vaslui and Bacau have no energy after the storm had brought down more energy wires.

 

The National Meteorology Administration (ANM) has issue several Code Yellow warnings on Wednesday for Bucharest and several counties, with storms and rainfalls being expected as of 20.00h.

“The wind will intensify, gradually, after 18.00h and we expect the critical moments to be registered between 20.00h and 2.00-3.00h in the next morning, with wind gusts to reach 55-65 km/h. The wind will turn into storm and it is likely to intensify above 65 km/h,” meteorologist Gabriela Bancila said Wednesday morning.

Water quantities in Bucharest could exceed 25 litres per square metre, even 3-35 litres per square metre in some areas.

“Most of these quantities will be registered in a short interval of an hour, an hour and a half, two hours at the most. After 3.00h the phenomena will diminish. On Thursday the wind will reach 40-50 km/h.

Bucharest Mayor General Gabriela Firea has asked the Bucharesters to stay at home Wednesday evening.

“If there is no emergency, I ask them to stay at home after 20.00h, as extreme phenomena are expected, wind will turn into storm and it’s better to protect ourselves, although state institutions have taken all necessary measures to face this situation,” Firea said.firea sacks

Firea said, during the command sitting for measures against extreme phenomena, that the school inspectorate will be requested to contact all schools and high-schools so that all pupils can get home by 20.00h.

On the other hand, meteorologists have announced Code Orange in five counties (Dâmbovița, Prahova, Buzău, Vrancea and Bacău) for high atmospheric instability on large areas, with important rainfall of 50-70 litres per square metre, stiritvr.ro informs. Few hours later, weather forecasters extended the Code Orange alert to another two counties: Timis and Caras-Severin. The warnings in the two counties are valid until 15:25h.

Timis county was among the most affected counties by the storm on Sunday, with five people dead and tens of injured.

Football Federation recommends delay of Wednesday matches

The Romanian Football Federation (FRF) has issued an official press release, recommending football club to delay the matches scheduled in the League 1 on Wednesday over the announced storm.

“Considering the weather warning issued by the National Meteorology Administration, the Romanian Football Federation recommends the adjounrnment of any open-air football activity during those hours,” reads the FRF release.

 

About Valeriu Lazar