The document whereby PSD Chairman, Liviu Dragnea, is requested to step down from the party helm has been signed by more than 25 Executive Committee members, digi24.ro informs and presents a partial list.
Reportedly, some of the signatories are:
- Paul Stănescu (Olt County)
- Niculae Bădălău (Giurgiu County)
- Dumitru Buzatu (Vaslui County)
- Ion Mocioalcă (Caraș Severin County)
- Marcel Ciolacu (Buzău County)
- Robert Negoiță (Bucharest – District 3)
- Marian Neacșu (PSD Secretary General)
- Rodica Nassar (Bucharest – District 2)
- Dan Tudorache (Bucharest – District 1)
- Gabriela Firea (Bucharest)
- Ion Rotaru (Brăila County)
- Adrian Țuțuianu (Dâmbovița County).
Former Prime Ministers Mihai Tudose and Sorin Grindeanu are not on the list, as they are not Executive Committee members. But their support could be very important, given their connections within the party and throughout the country.
Mihai Tudose has close relations with the PSD Braila branch – incumbent branch chairman, Ion Rotaru, is on the list, the same source reads. In turn, Sorin Grindeanu is influential in the PSD Timis branch.
Social-democrat leader, Liviu Dragnea, said on Monday the position of party chairman “cannot be taken over by force, but by vote, and cannot be traded on the market.”
Dragnea said he does not know if the alleged letter, signed by some PSD county leaders, exists.
Last week, social-democrat sources say that more than 20 party branch leaders intend to request PSD Chairman, Liviu Dragnea, by letter, to summon the National Executive Committee and to step down.
The sources say that 28 leaders have signed a letter requesting Liviu Dragnea to summon the Executive Committee sitting. The signatories reportedly want a debate on the way the party is led and its future.