Almost half of Romanians believe PNL will not be able to topple the government with a new motion of censure

Almost half of Romanians do not believe the liberals will be able to topple the government with a new motion of censure they have announced to submit in early September, a survey conducted by Inscop shows.
The PNL decision to file another no-confidence motion this autumn meets the appreciation of 32.5% of Romanians. 22.3% of respondents had an opinion neither good nor bad about this decision, while 28.5% consider it a bad idea. 16.7% did not know or did not answer the question.
According to the survey, 46% of respondents believe PNL will fail to topple the government, 23.5% believe there are chances of success for such an approach, while 30.5% did not know or did not respond.
33.2% of respondents supported the idea that the current government should be replaced by one run by PNL, while 45.3% disagree. 21.5% did not know or did not answer the question.
Almost half of those surveyed, 44.8% said the government should conclude its mandate at the end of 2016 (compared to 58.5% in April). 35.2% believe that the Government should be replaced as soon as possible, before the end of the term (against 29.6%). Did not know or did not respond to this question – 20%, versus 11.9% in April.
The survey was conducted by Inscop Research for ‘Adevarul’ newspaper during July 9-14, 2015. The sample was of 1,075 people and is representative for the Romanian population 18 years old and over. MPE data is plus/minus 3% at a confidence level of 95%. The method used was the opinion poll based on a questionnaire applied by interviewers at the respondents’ domicile.

President, Gov’t should cooperate on issues of public interest

 

Most Romanians believe that the president and government should work closely together when it comes to matters of public interest, the survey further reads.

According to the survey, 78.3% of Romanians believe that the Government should work closely with the President on any subject of public interest, 6.9% express disagreement with this idea. 14.8% did not know or did not respond.

The UNPR decision to support the president’s projects on national security issues is hailed by 51.6% of respondents. 26.6% have a view neither good nor bad, and 6% of respondents have a poor opinion.

Meanwhile, 41% of respondents have a good opinion on President Iohannis’s request addressed to Prime Minister Victor Ponta to resign, 20.7% have a view neither good nor bad, 25.8% have a negative opinion, and 12.5% ??did not know or did not respond.

40.5% of respondents have a good opinion about George Maior’s appointment as Romania’s ambassador to the US. 29.7% of respondents chose the option ‘neither good nor bad’ and 5.5% have a negative opinion. Non- responses reached 24.2%.

About Mihai Razvan Ungureanu’s appointment as Director of the Foreign Intelligence Service (SIE), 34.5% have a good opinion, an opinion neither good nor bad have 30.6% of respondents and 16.3% have a negative opinion. 18.6% did not know or did not respond.

george maiorinscopklaus iohannismihai razvan ungureanumotion of censureno-confidence votepnlSIESurveyVictor Ponta
Comments (0)
Add Comment