The pre-acceleration program for tech startups, Innovation Labs, launched yesterday, February 27, with the registrations opening for the 2023 edition of the program. The access of the teams to the 10-week mentoring program will be based on the votes obtained by participating in one of the 4 Hackathons run in 6 main university centers:
- The Innovation Labs Bucharest Hackathon, addresses teams from Bucharest (including guest teams from Craiova and Constanta), teams from Brasov, and teams from Sibiu. The Bucharest Hackathon will be organized on March 18 and 19, 2023 in the Central Library of the University Politehnica of Bucharest. Registration is open until March 16, 16:00, and those who want to participate can register here: https://en.xing-events.com/iLabsHackathonBucuresti2023.
- The Innovation Labs Cluj-Napoca Hackathon, dedicated to teams from Cluj-Napoca, is to be organized on March 25 and 26, 2023, at ABC INCUBATOR. Registrations are open until March 23, at 12:00, via https://en.xing-events.com/iLabsHackathonCluj2023.
- The Innovation Labs Iasi Hackathon, for teams from Iasi (and guest teams from Suceava), is to be organized on March 18 and 19, 2023 at the Braunstein Palace. You can register to participate in the Iasi Hackathon until March 17, at 12:00, by completing the https://bit.ly/IL-Iasi-2023
- The Innovation Labs Timisoara Hackathon, for teams from Timisoara (and guest teams from Oradea), will take place on March 25 and 26, 2023 at Cowork Timisoara – The Office. The participants can register until March 23, at 12:00, by accessing the form https://bit.ly/IL-23-TM-hack-tickets.
Innovation Labs Hackathons are 30-hour competition events that take place physically on Saturdays and Sundays at the dates and locations listed above. At the Hackathons are expected to join teams that have an idea consisting of a technical solution that addresses a real problem, as well as individual participants who can join a team. We recommend that you sign up for the Hackathon in the center where you live, where you work, or in the one that is the closest to the location where you run your activities.
Innovation Labs 2023 team categories and guidelines
The teams participating in the Innovation Labs 2023 program can be in one of three categories:
- teams made up exclusively of students – a category supported by the Romanian – American Foundation;
- university research spin-offs – team category supported by Orange Business. Research teams with outstanding technical results are welcomed; these teams will be supported in the process of identifying potential sales markets and opportunities regarding the application of the developed technologies to real business scenarios;
- teams made up of students and experienced entrepreneurs, who will go through an entrepreneurial discovery program together.
The teams participating in Innovation Labs program can enroll in one of the business verticals: Agriculture, Blockchain, Cybersecurity, DevTools, Digital Commerce, Digital Health, Lifestyle, Retail, Smart City & Industry 4.0, and Sustainability.
The teams qualified for the 10-week mentoring program, based on the Hackathons’ results, will participate in group and 1:1 mentoring sessions, and lectures held by the representatives of the tech startup ecosystem – including representatives of the program’s partners. For each team, all the efforts will be channeled toward the development of a minimum viable product, from an idea. The teams will present the best products to the general public during the Startup Fair and on the Demo Day stage, on May 28 and 29, 2023, respectively.