First two lotto draws of this year cancelled due to IT program default

After 109 years of activity, National Lottery cancelled the first two Lotto 6/49 draws of 2015. The next draw is scheduled on January 11. The main reason seems to be that the Lottery does not have anymore an IT managing program that makes the number drawing possible.

The Lottery manager, Adrian Manolache told Realitatea TV that the company hasn’t cancelled the draws, and announced the first draw was scheduled for January 11. “We thought it is the best option the contract should not be extended and that we should move for supporting the system on our own,” Manolache said.

The Finance minister Darius Valcov had also announced at the end of 2014 that the contract on managing all lotto games that the Romanian Lottery had sealed with the Greek company Intralot for more than ten years would not be extended, as the addendum that prolonged the original contract has expired on December 31, 2014. Yet, both Valcov and the Lottery officials guaranteed this would not affect the upcoming lotto draws. The Finance minister informed that the Romanian Lottery would provide the system functioning through its own experts.

At the same time, last year the Competition Council has levied a EUR 3.76 fine on the Romanian Lottery, Intralot Ltd Integrated Lottery System and Services, Intracom Holdings for unfair competitive deals. According to the contract with Intralot, the Greek company got 7.5 percent of the total lotto return for technical assistance in the electronic equipment management.

 

 

 

cancelledCompetition Councilcompetitivecontractdealsdefaultdrawsexpiredfinance ministerfineIntralotITlottoprogramunfair
Comments (0)
Add Comment