97% of COVID deaths registered in Romania the last week were in unvaccinated persons, and 3% in vaccinated persons with incomplete scheme, according to the data of the National Institute of Public Health (INSP).
Statistics August 9-15
- 44.5% of the total COVID-19 cases were registered in Bucharest, Ilfov, Cluj, Constanța and Suceava.
- 82.4% of the confirmed cases were registered in unvaccinated persons.
- 51.6% of all deaths were recorded in Iasi, Suceava, Caras Severin, Bacau and Galati.
- 7% of the registered deaths were in unvaccinated persons, and 3.0% in vaccinated persons with incomplete scheme.
From the beginning of the pandemic to the present:
- 1 in 77 of the total COVID-19 cases was registered with medical staff.
- 86.1% of all deaths were in people over 60 and 57.5% of deaths were in men.
- 94.6% of the deceased had at least one associated comorbidity.