Contract for Ploiesti-Brasov highway to be made by Turkish-Chinese consortium

0 576

The dismissed minister of Transports, Razvan Cuc, has announced that the contract for the Ploiesti-Brasov Highway is ready. It is to be made in public-private partnership by a Turkish-Chinese consortium.

The sacked minister said the consortium and the Romanian Prognosis Commission have reached a consensus and they will deliver the contract to kick off the project next week.

“We hand it to the next government on a silver plate,” Cuc said.

The National Commission for Strategy and Prognosis (CNSP) has reached a deal with the consortium between China Communications Construction Company and Makyol Insaat Sanayi Turizm to build the Ploiesti-Brasov highway in public-private partnership. If concluded, the motorway linking Ploiesti to Brasov would be the first high speed road made in public-private partnership for which drivers will have to pay a toll.

Asked if this a trap for the coming government, Cuc denied, arguing the situation is a transparent one.

We are not in a hurry. It is the work of the past six months. It’s not trap. Things are simple, transparent. The contract will be public, to be approved by government resolution”, he stated.

President Iohannis said that the CSAT sitting in July had Okayed that the Ploiesti-Brasov highway to be declared strategic goal of national interest.

At the end of last year, ex-PM Viorica Dancila said the realistic deadline to concluded the Comarnic-Brasov highway section is 2024.

The auction for the construction of the Ploiesti-Brasov highway was launched in October last year.

Dancila Government has been dismissed last Thursday after the censure motion filed by the Opposition had passed in the Parliament by 238 votes.

- Advertisement -

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More