Government Allocates Funds for ‘Electric Up’ Program: Up to €150,000 for Photovoltaic Panels


Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The Ministry of Energy announces the allocation of 450 million lei for the second stage of the “ELECTRIC UP” program, intended for small and medium enterprises and Romanian legal entities carrying out activities in the field of HORECA.

The Ministry of Energy presented the project to amend and complete the Emergency Ordinance GEO no. 159/2020, which launches the second edition of the “ELECTRIC UP” program, worth 450 million lei, money intended for small and medium-sized enterprises and Romanian legal entities that carry out activities in the HORECA field.

For the new edition, the amount of non-refundable financing increases from 100 thousand euros to 150 thousand euros, and the installed power for financed photovoltaic panels increases to 150 kW, the development of recharging stations for electric cars is financed, storage is encouraged and financing is introduced as a novelty alternative heating-cooling systems.

“Small and medium-sized enterprises, which represent the pillars of the Romanian economy, benefit from a considerable boost in the direction of sustainability and energy efficiency through the Electric Up 2 Program. By allocating 450 million lei for the second edition of the program, a significant evolution is marked in supporting the sustainable energy sector. Considering the major interest that the first edition of the ElectricUp program aroused among the business environment, we intend to raise this program to a higher level”, says the Minister of Energy, Sebastian Burduja, according to a press release.

At this stage, the Program is addressed to Small and Medium Enterprises and economic operators active in the Horeca field, which can benefit from the financing of an investment project for the installation of photovoltaic panel systems for the production of electricity with an installed power between 27 kWp and 150 kWp required for self-consumption, recharging stations of at least 22 kW for electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, and an alternative heating/cooling system.

The de minimis aid granted can reach the maximum value of 150,000 euros/beneficiary, and represents a financial support of up to 75% of the value of eligible expenses, the remaining 25% representing co-financing from the beneficiary’s own sources.

The investment project subject to the funding request must contain a system of photovoltaic panels with an installed power of a minimum of 27 kWp and a maximum of 150 kWp necessary to ensure own consumption and the other installed equipment, respectively a recharging station of at least 22 kW for electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid electrics and an alternative heating/cooling system, and the amounts settled will be directly proportional to the installed power.

DONATE: Support our work
In an ever changing and challenging world, the media is constantly struggling to resist. Romania Journal makes no exception. We’ve been informing you, our readers, for almost 10 years, as extensively as we can, but, as we reject any state funding and private advertising is scarce, we need your help to keep on going.
So, if you enjoy our work, you can contribute to endorse the Romania Journal team. Any amount is welcome, no strings attached. Choose to join with one of the following options:
Donate with PayPal
Donate by Bank Wire
Black Zonure SRL
UniCredit Bank. Swift: BACXROBU
RON: RO84 BACX 0000 0022 3589 1000
EURO: RO57 BACX 0000 0022 3589 1001
USD: RO30 BACX 0000 0022 3589 1002

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.