Green Spots, a multi-functional smart city solution – an urban solar charger and platform was designated as the Country Finalist of the PowerUp! by EIT InnoEnergy competition which took place in Bucharest, on April 18. The best 10 start-ups working on energy and cleantech solutions participated to the final pitching session participated out of the 23 applications submitted in Romania.
“The team is the most important thing when it comes to a business, so I want to thank PowerUp! members, the contest participants, and the colleagues from Green Spots for our accomplishment. We have the important mission to represent Romania in Europe and we will focus all our energy in this direction,” said Cristian Danciu, Triptic Manager Studio, developer of the Green Spots solution.
Almost 300 start-ups from 24 countries across the CEE region take part in the fifth edition of the PowerUp! competition organized by InnoEnergy focusing on solutions in fields such as mobility, heating, cleantech, clean air and smart technologies. The Country Final was preceded by intensive bootcamps. The participants had the opportunity to confirm their business models and improve their presentation skills.
“The start-ups participating in the country final presented a variety of fantastic products and solutions, but the jury saw the greatest potential in Green Spots. The company is now preparing for the international final, where they will have the honour of representing our country. Other promising startups which caught the eye of InnoEnergy officials were NRGeenie and sPark, both having inspiring pitches”, says Paul Zoicaș, Innovation Lead from Digital Transformers, the Romanian hub for InnoEnergy.
During the Country Final, the top 10 start-ups selected from Romania presented their innovative solutions to the jury, potential investors and media representatives. The other 9 country finalists were:
– NRGeenie – an analytics as a service solution that helps their customers take better trading decisions on the energy market and meet energy consumption supply and demand;
– VASK – World’s first air purification system for the automotive industry that gives its customers the power to generate safe-breathable air, by simply driving their car;
– OLPHES – single-reservoir, modular and scalable pumped-hydro technology can be installed in gulfs, mining pit lakes, as well as in reservoirs and off-shore, making it the perfect storage technology with low deployment costs;
– CHP -Battery – a heating solution that aims at heating cities by using stored wind energy;
– ecoHornet – a solution that turns biomass into electric and heating energy;
– Amir HHO – electricity multiplier and green energy generator;
– Tresoil Biofuel – a solution that turns landfill waste into road quality biofuel, using a gasifier reactor;
– sPark – a cloud-based parking lot management system which, by using Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and robust statistical models, transforms any parking space into a smart one;
– TroGo – smart and sustainable electric scooter mobility systems that will help reduce pollution and traffic congestion.
Green Spots, along with the winners of the other 13 national finals, will race for the top prize of EUR 50 000 and the chance to join the prestigious Highway® by InnoEnergy business accelerator, which offers financial investment up to EUR 150 000. The winner of the fifth edition of PowerUp! will be selected on May 21 in Krakow during Impact’19 – one of the leading economic events in the Central- Eastern Europe region.
InnoEnergy is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.