Italy’s Fincantieri, interested in taking over Mangalia Shipyard, sources

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Trieste-based Fincantieri shipbuilding company, one of the world’s the largest shipbuilding groups, with over EUR 4 billion annual turnover, also controlling the Norwegian group Vard, the owner of the shipyards in Tulcea and Braila, sent the Romanian Government an operational management offer for the Mangalia Shipyard and then, buying 49 percent of its shares, sources said for profit.ro.

Recently, the Gov’t announced that is blocking the transaction by which Dutch Damen Shipyards had bought from Daewoo the majority stake of Mangalia Shipyard, so that the state would become the sole owner.

Since 1997, Mangalia Shipyard is 51 percent owned by the South Korean Daewoo Group, with the remaining 49 percent belonging to the Romanian Government.

At the shipyard in Mangalia, one of the largest in the country, 127 oil and container ships were built over time and 300 other vessels were repaired.

 

 

DONATE: Support our work
In an ever changing and challenging world, the media is constantly struggling to resist. Romania Journal makes no exception. We’ve been informing you, our readers, for almost 10 years, as extensively as we can, but, as we reject any state funding and private advertising is scarce, we need your help to keep on going.
So, if you enjoy our work, you can contribute to endorse the Romania Journal team. Any amount is welcome, no strings attached. Choose to join with one of the following options:
Donate with PayPal
Donate by Bank Wire
Black Zonure SRL
UniCredit Bank. Swift: BACXROBU
RON: RO84 BACX 0000 0022 3589 1000
EURO: RO57 BACX 0000 0022 3589 1001
USD: RO30 BACX 0000 0022 3589 1002

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.