Home / BUSINESS / FINANCIAL / Cristian Nacu – IFC Senior Country Officer for Romania and R. of Moldova

Cristian Nacu – IFC Senior Country Officer for Romania and R. of Moldova

Cristian Nacu, the former owner of the Profi stores network, has taken over, from March 1, 2018 the position of Senior Country Officer for Romania and the Republic of Moldova of the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the World Bank’s investment division.

He replaces Ana Maria Mihăiescu, who withdrew from office at the beginning of last year, after she reached the retirement age, capital.ro informs.

During June 2007 – July 2015, Cristian Nacu served as Partner of the private equity fund Enterprise Investors, one of the largest investment funds on the domestic market. Moreover, during July 2015 – June 2017, he was Senior Advisor, while developing his own consulting and investment firm in the field. Previously, during 1999-2005, he was Investment Officer with the International Finance Corporation. After leaving Enterprise, Nacu worked for 7 months as Partner of Gecad Ventures, an investment fund targeting the IT companies with high growth potential.

“For me, the return to IFC is a great joy. (…) I hope to continue the good things IFC is doing in Romania as World Bank Group,” Nacu said in a press conference.

After taking over the position of Senior Country Officer, Nacu will contribute to the implementation of the IFC Partnership Strategy with Romania for 2018-2023. The IFC currently has a USD 533 million exposure, of which 65% is funding through financial institutions (banks, NFIs), and the remaining 35% is investment in the real economy.

IFC is the largest institution for global development focused on the private sector in the emerging markets. Our country is the third country in the region, in terms of the institution’s exposure, after Turkey and Russia.

About Valeriu Lazar

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *