WASP Studios presents on Monday, the 5th of November 2018, starting 8 pm (local hour), the Memory of the Future event, that includes live performances held in Bucharest and Paris and simultaneously broadcasted through Skype in both capitals, at WASP Working Art Space (Romania) and Cabaret de la Performance (France). The event is part of the international project NETCAST – Bucharest/Paris and it is organized in collaboration with the 4Culture Association, Cabaret de la Performance and the National University of Arts in Bucharest.
Coordinated by artists Marilena Preda Sanc (Romania) and Wanda Mihuleac (France), the two live programs involve as well the participation of several Romanian and French artists whose interpretation integrates four key concepts defining the NETCAST project: dialogue, listening, exploration, assimilation:
➢ In Bucharest:
▪ Marilena Preda Sanc presents, together with Olivia Nitis, the Artist vs Curator. Sweet Art performance, which ironically treats the creation process intermediated by the curator / art critic and that is tasted by the public.
▪ Ilinca Harnut explores the mass-media and the consolidation of the figure of the patriarch-leader in Daddy Dearest solo performance.
▪ Mihai Plamadeala and Irinel Anghel approach, in the Micro Fields performance, the relationship between the random and the artistic will in a post-humanist context, presenting a postminimalist musical composition, made in real-time loop, in a context of motion and light.
▪ The Mapping Maps performance proposed by Cosmin Paulescu is part of the extended cycle of the “Map – portable territories” works and represents an insight into the actual state of the European Community in the context of the new challenges it has faced lately.
▪ Patricia Teodorescu (performance and concept) and Adrian Budritan (guest); in the RITUAL performance, Patricia proposes a journey between two parallel worlds – the one of the personal, intimate and creative identity and the other of the collective identity.
➢ In Paris (live performances to be broadcasted through Skype in Bucharest):
▪ Wanda Mihuleacpresents a updated version of a collective performance realized in 1976 in Romania, Drawing – contact of a sign, together with Amélie Pironneau, Julius Deep and Olivier Chebab.
▪ Davide Napoli & Bonnie Tchien Hy present the Straight Line performance, in which the intervention of the recited text determines a philosophical depth of action.
▪ François Poyet produces live poetry in the spirit of the lettrist group he was part of, alongside Isidor Isou.
▪ Alexandra Loewetests the spatial dimension of the human body in the 1.7m2 performance.
▪ Ada Tudorproposes a performance with a sociological theme, inspired by a paradoxical reality – “sologamia” – marriage with oneself.
The Lapsus of the Void film, created by Elodie Lachaud and Davide Napoli, will be projected in the closure of the event.
Organized by WASP Studios, the NETCAST – Bucharest / Paris project is aimed at connecting communities and artists from different cities in Romania and Europe through various artistic media. Extensively, the program explores innovative technological solutions in relation to the creative ability to produce and present installations and live performances. Furthermore, the project activates an insufficiently explored segment in the transdisciplinary multimedia area of contemporary art in Romania and moves the emphasis from live-art performance to virtual-art performance, investigating the intimate / public space, the identity of the artist and the work of art as well.