By Wednesday, 205 criminal complaints were filed against the violence used by gendarmes Friday evening, Ionel Corbu, the First Prosecutor with the Bucharest Military Prosecutor’s Office, who is investigating the events in Victoriei Square area, has said on Wednesday.
The First Prosecutor specified that he had requested the Prefecture, since Saturday afternoon, for the document ordering the use of force against the protesters, but the document hasn’t been received, although they had a copy, the prosecutors being redirected by the Prefecture to the Gendarmerie in order to obtain the document, hotnews.ro informs.
Regarding the prosecutor who was in Victoriei Square on Friday, about whom the Gendarmerie claimed to have supervised the lawfulness of the use of force, Corbu said that he was simply on his way home and, being on duty that night, he notified ex-officio.
“This issue was distorted, it was extrapolated that he was in the area,” Corbu said, insisting that this prosecutor was not part of the mobile command centre.
Corbu added he has information that a Gendarmerie representative tried to get another prosecutor in the area, but he was refused. “It was not legal, so the prosecutor refused,” he said.
He stressed that the information gathered so far refer to 160 gendarmes that took part to the intervention Friday night.
“Part of the requested documents has been received from the Gendarmerie, the conclusion after analysing them is that supplementary information is needed. It is about technical issues and protected writings. (…) By now, after analysing the documents, it is about 160 gendarmes of the participant forces,” Corbu said.
The prosecutor said the use of force, the acts of aggression by the Gendarmerie were not justifiable in no way.
“There are issues and clues proving the amplitude of events that were about to come. In my opinion, under no circumstances, the acts of exacerbated aggression were not justifiable, as long as there were lots of possibilities to approach the issues about to degenerate,” Corbu said.