Over 2,000 measles cases have been confirmed in Romania since the epidemic outburst, with 13 deaths reported so far with a 14th death confirmation possibly caused by the infection being under way, informed the National Center of Monitoring and Control of Infectious Diseases.
The report released on Thursday says that 2,165 measles cases and 13 deaths have been confirmed in Romania.
Those more than 2,000 cases have been confirmed in 34 counties, most of the cases being in Arad (309).
Five deaths were registered in Arad, three in Timis county three in Dolj, one case in Caras-Severin and another one in Bucharest.
The document also says that a potential 14th case due to measles is reported in Timis, with confirmation pending.