Bucharest Prefect Speranta Cliseru released from office
Bucharest Prefect Speranta Cliseru was released from office by Government decision during the sitting on Thursday.
Government spokesman Nelu Barbu said “there was a point on the agenda, discussed and approved, it is about the end of term for the Bucharest Prefect. The Prefect’s mandate has ceased.”
For the time being, Bucharest has no Prefect.
Speranta Cliseru has become known after the Diaspora rally in Bucharest on August 10 and the violent intervention of the law enforcement forces. After the rally she was heard by the parliamentary committee, along with other officials involved in the event, including Interior Minister Carmen Dan.
Interior minister Carmen Dan and Bucharest Prefect Speranta Cliseru were heard by the Senate’s Defence Committee on the Diaspora rally file on September 25. While the Bucharest Prefect said she doesn’t confirm the two hours announced by two gendarmerie heads as the hours when the intervention order had been issued, Interior minister argued the hours are not relevant and that the intervention in force was legal.
The then Bucharest Prefect Speranta Cliseru told the senators with the Defence Committee she had not signed any intervention order, she just Okayed an already signed document. At the same time, she didn’t confirm the two hours claimed by the gendarmes. Cliseru denied saying the precise hour when the intervention took place due to the Prosecutor’s Office investigation.
„I didn’t sign any order, I gave my consent on an already signed order. The coordinator of the action was Laurentiu Cazan,” Cliseru said.