Klaus Iohannis has been re-elected President of Romania, for a 5-year term.
Provisional results in Romania and Diaspora after centralizing 19,573 polling stations (99.86%), meaning 9.829.412 votes:
- Klaus Iohannis – 66.05% – 6,492,012 votes
- Viorica Dăncilă – 33.95% – 3,337,278 votes
Results from 825 polling stations abroad have been processed so far, out of the total of 835.
- Klaus Iohannis has got the overwhelming majority of the votes- 860, 327 (93.96%),
- Viorica Dancila only 55,238 (6.04%).
- Klaus Iohannis: 67.52% – 644,596 votes
- Viorica Dăncilă: 32.48% – 310,131 votes
Klaus Iohannis has won countrywide, winning in 37 counties. Viorica Dancila has managed to impose only in five counties in the southern country (Giugiu, Teleorman, Olt, Mehedinti and Gorj) and losing by a hair in Buzau, Botosani and Dolj.
Provisional results announced by BEC after centralizing votes from 93% in the polling stations in Romania (Diaspora not included).
- Klaus Iohannis – 62.93% – 5,313,232 votes
- Viorica Dăncilă – 37.08% – 3,131,106 votes
IRES exit poll by 21:00 hrs
67.1% for Klaus Iohannis and 32.9% – Viorica Dăncilă.
IRES exit poll for the second round of presidential election
Klaus Iohannis -66.5%
Viorica Dancila -33.5%
The results are valid for votes counted until 20:00hrs, and without taking into account the votes from Diaspora.
In the first round of elections, Klaus Iohannis obtained 37.82% while Viorica Dancila- 22.6%.
Turnout by 21:00hrs: 49.87%.
Klaus Iohannis -64.8%
Viorica Dancila -35.2%