An investigation is ongoing in the Vaslui County, commune of Vutcani (north-eastern Romania) conducted by Police and the Child Protection Authority as three children were almost burnt alive in their home on fire.
Luckily the older brother, aged 6, managed to rescue the other two, aged one year and three months and six months respectively.
According to the information from the site, their grandfather was at work, while their grandmother, taking advantage that the three were asleep, left for the village store.
Due to a stifled chimney, the house went on fire. The neighbours called the emergency number 112.
According to witnesses, the older brother managed to rescue his brothers. He took in his arms the six month baby and told the one year brother to crawl after him to go out of the burning house.
“Upon the arrival of the fire-fighters, the conflagration was violent and was put out in one hour,” the representatives of the Vaslui Emergency Situations Inspectorate (ISU) said.
Police and Child Protection Directorate representatives arrived at the site. According to the Child Protection representatives it seems it is not a case of neglect, the conflagration was caused by a stifled chimney. The case is to be monitored by the Vutcani local authorities.
The entire family is without a proper home before winter holidays as the house has burned down completely.
The parents of the three minors are working abroad.