The Bucharest City Hall has approved on Monday a project aiming to build eight walkways in Bucharest.
“For the safety of pedestrians, as in any in other capital city, we have approved the building in Bucharest of walkways, we have approved eight. I don’t agree with those saying that walkways mean scrap iron. I believe they will be very important,” Mayor General Gabriela Firea said.
The approved amount for the 8 walkways is of EUR 18 million.
They will be located on:
– 20, Mihai Bravu Road;
– 2, Alexandriei driveway – Bucharest-Bragadiru;
– Calea Grivitei – RATB Carpati;
– Doamna Ghica Road x RATB Dimitrie Grozdea;
– Pipera driveway – Prefecture offices;
– Liviu Rebreanu St. – Mall Park Lake;
– Iuliu Maniu Boulevard – hypermarket Cora.
The deadline for building the walkways is 12 months. They are to be built on metallic structure, with glass and metal railings.