The Judicial Inspectorate is conducting prior checks regarding military prosecutors Ionel Corby (photo) and Bogdan Parlog, the ones who started the investigation on the gendarmes’ intervention on August 10, during the rally of Diaspora.
Prosecutor Bogdan Parlog went to Victoriei Square on August 10 and concluded a minute, on the basis of which the Bucharest Military Prosecutor’s Office has opened the criminal file. Interior Minister, Carmen Dan, argued that prosecutor Parlog showed up at the Gendarmerie’s command point and even participated to the gendarmes instructing, hotnews.ro informs.
On the other hand, the head of the Bucharest Military Prosecutor’s Office, Ionel Corbu, denied that a prosecutor was present to the Gendarmerie’s command point.
Justice Minister, Tudorel Toader, said on Monday that only the Judicial Inspectorate can find out if prosecutor Ionel Corbu has prejudged when saying that “the exacerbated aggression was not justified.”
The prosecutor said last week that the use of force, the acts of aggression by the Gendarmerie were not justifiable. “There are issues and clues proving the amplitude of events that were about to come. In my opinion, under no circumstances, the acts of exacerbated aggression were not justifiable, as long as there were lots of possibilities to approach the issues about to degenerate,” Corbu said at the time.