Romanian family gone missing in Nice: Mother and child identified in hospital, father still missing

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The Romanian mother and the child reportedly missing after the truck attack in Nice have been identified.

The Foreign Affairs Ministry (MAE) informs that the underage child’s mother missing in the aftermath of the Nice terrorist attack has been identified in one of the hospitals in the city, and the 28-year-old woman is in a serious, but stable condition.

Previously on Saturday, MAE had informed that her child, also reported missing, was identified in a hospital in the French city.

“He was identified with the aid of the relatives arrived from Romania as being a Romanian citizen(…) According to the doctors, his condition is stable, while the prognostic of his evolution is positive,” reads the MAE press release.

According to MAE, the 8-year-old minor’s mother was identified in Lenval hospital in Nice. Doctors say the underage child’s mother’s condition is quite serious, but stable.” Pro TV reported that the boy is in an induced coma, but his life is not in danger.

“The little boy has admitted here on the night of July 14th, but it was only Saturday that we could identifiy him. He is dependent on the breathing apparatus and he is coma, but his life is not in danger. He hasn’t undergone any surgery, but he was probably hit by the truck. Let’s pray for Denis, let’s hope that his evolution is better in the upcoming hours or days,” Stephanie Simpson, the hospital’s communication manager said, as quoted by Pro TV.

Unfortunately, up to this moment, the father is still missing.61820712

Coman family and their boy were spending their holiday in Nice. They have probably gone to the promenade to see the fireworks on France’s National Day, with authorities suspecting that they had been injured by the truck.

For two day, they were all gone missing. On Saturday, the grandmother came urgently from Austria and found her grandson admitted in a hospital for children and her daughter admitted to another hospital in Nice.

“They were accommodated to a hotel near the Promenade des Anglais. Their injuries and the context related them to the truck that was passing by the boulevard,” said Luca Niculescu, the Romanian ambassador to France.

The searches were conducted with the support of Romania’s Embassy to France and the representative of Romania’s Consulate General in Marseilles.

“The representatives of the Romanian diplomatic missions in France are keeping in touch with the medical staff and will monitor the development of their condition. The check-ups referring to the situation of the other missing Romanian citizen are continuing,” the MAE says.

As a matter of fact, the Foreign Ministry stressed that the operations of identifying all the victims conducted by the French authorities had not been completed yet.

Prime Minister Dacian Ciolos had a telephone conversation on Saturday evening with his French counterpart Manuel Valls about the Romanian family who was in Nice on July 14 and whose child is hospitalized. The French Prime Minister reassured PM Ciolos that the authorities “are doing their best to clarify the situation.”

“Unfortunately, the terrorist act in Nice got to us, too. Last night I had a telephone conversation with French Prime Minister Manuel Valls, whom I sent condolences for the numerous victims of the attack. At the same time, we discussed about the Romanian family who was in Nice on the evening of July 14 and whose injured child is in a hospital in the area, in a stable situation. The investigations for identifying the victims are continuing, but, given the context, they are highly complex. Prime Minister Valls reassured me that the French authorities understand the dramatic nature of this situation and are doing their best to clarify the situation of the two Romanian citizens,” Ciolos wrote on his Facebook account on Sunday morning.

Another two Romanians have been injured in the Nise attack, but they have been identified right after the tragedy. They are husband and wife and are from Buzau. The man was injured at his leg but he has already been discharged, while his wife is still in hospital, with a hematoma at her head.

 

- Advertisement -

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More