A student and an employee of the school in Voiniceni, Mureş County, have suffered burns on the face and have been urgently transported to the hospital. Dozens of students and teachers were evacuated.
Emergency Situations Inspectorate (ISU) Mureş spokesman, Cristian Virag, has told the public television that at around 8:00h a call was received at 112 to announce an explosion at the Voiniceni school.
The explosion resulted in two victims with burns on the face – one female with grade 2 burns and a 14-year-old boy with grade I burns, both on the face. About 70 students and 7 teachers were evacuated. Firefighters intervened with two special trucks.
According to the ISU Mureş spokesman, the explosion took place due to a terracotta stove in a classroom. The explosion did not cause material damage, it was more of a blow, Cristian Virag said.
He has also told TVR that the boy will be sent to the ophthalmology department for further analysis. The two patients are at the emergency care unit of the Târgu Mureş Hospital.