The woman gendarme who has been beaten by several instigators during the Diaspora rally on August 10 will be discharged from hospital today, as medical tests that she underwent on Monday showed no major issues had been identified.
„She is OK and will be released from hospital today (…) Medical tests have shown no changing, tests came back normal,” said Bogdan Oprita, spokesperson of the Floreasca Hospital in Bucharest.
The woman gendarme and one of her colleagues were beaten on Friday night by several protesters, while others were trying to protect them. They both were hospitalized, as they complain of headaches.
She had been hospitalized with the suspicion of spinal fracture, but doctors invalidated the suspicion later on. The 23-year-old woman gendarme had a cranium-cerebral trauma, one in the cervical area, hematoma on the face and thorax-abdominal contusions.
During violence against her, someone stole her weapon.
Policemen have tracked down the man who is suspected of stealing the weapon, while prosecutors have put him under remand, being heard on the night of Monday to Tuesday. The 32-year-old man is charged with stealing a weapon and public order disorder.
However, the man admitted she kicked the woman gendarme, but denied he had stolen the weapon. As a matter of fact, the weapon has not been found.
„Based on information sent by a citizen to the policemen within Ilfov Police, the man from the photos spread in the media has been identified. The man has been tracked down and taken for hearings, with the Prosecutor’s Office upon the Bucharest Tribunal ordering the 32-year-old man should be placed under remand,” the Police informed in a press release.
However, during hearings, he denied he had stolen the woman gendarme’s weapon. He admitted he is the one featuring in the photos released by the Bucharest Police, yet he said he had kicked the woman least.
The man, who is a labourer to a private company, has also denied the weapon theft.