The 14th edition of ‚Anonimul’ International Independent Film Festival will take place in Sfantu Gheorghe in the Danube Delta August 7-13.
Mexican film director Michel Franco, the festival’s special guest, will receive the Anonimul Trophy for his contribution to the beatuy of the world cinema in the opening gala on August 7. „Las Hijas de Abril/ April’s Daughter”, for which Michel Franco was awarded Un Certain Regard prize at Cannes Festival this year, will be screened as a first in Romania.
The movie tells the story of Valerie, a 17-year-old teenage girl, who hesitates to announce her mother when she gets pregnant. April, a more absent mother for her daughters Valeria and Clara, apparently wants to help, but the teenager’s hesitation proves to be true.
The feature film competition this year proposes 6 films selected by curator Ludmila Cvikova:
- THE BURGLAR, directed by Hagar Ben-Asher, Israel- Germany- France, 2017
Official competition, The International Film Festival in Rotterdam, 2017
- QUALITY TIME, by Daan Bakker, The Netherlands- Norway, 2017
Movie Zone prize at the Dutch Youth Jury, The International Film Festival in Rotterdam, 2017
- MARIŢA, directed by Cristi Iftime, Romania, 2017
The big jury prize FEDEORA for the best film East of the West competition, The International Film Festival in Karlovy Vary, 2017
- LOS NADIE/ THE NOBODIES, by Juan Sebastián Mesa, Columbia, 2016
The Audience prize for the best feature film- Venice International Film Critics’ Week, 2016
- BURNING BIRDS, by Sanjeewa Pushpakumara, France-Sri Lanka-Qatar-The Netherlands, 2016
New Currents competition, Busan International Film Festival, 2016
- SEXY DURGA, by Sanal Kumar Sasidharan, India, 2017
Hivos Tiger Award, The International Film Festival in Rotterdam, 2017