Pairing chocolate with wine event in Bucharest
Are you quaint to find out what is pairing chocolate with wine, whisky&beer? London Street Atelier offers you this chance in Bucharest this Tuesday.
Your hosts, Richard Fox and Rachel Sargent will be there for you to help you explore and discover a whole range of taste sensations that mix and match with chocolate. You will taste six gourmet chocolate bites plus Rachel’s amazing antioxidant Chocolate & Red Wine cake.
Richard Fox owns and runs Fox Wines, a specialist wine store in Bucharest. Richard has spent 18 years working in the wine trade in London and the Far East, during which time he studied with the Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET) in London over a ten-year period to Diploma level (www.wsetglobal.com/). Richard loves the challenge of sourcing fine wines…especially champagnes!
Rachel Sargent is the owner and Head Chef of The London Street Atelier and she specializes in wine and food matching.www.thelondonstreetatelier.com/ Rachel has the WSET level 2 with food matching from the WSET in London. Having spent twenty years in CEE, Russia and Turkey Rachel is a seasoned traveller and likes nothing more than to lead “expeditions” to vineyards and cook with local produce there. Rachel speaks English & Romanian, rusty French which improves with a drink and a smattering of Turkish & Russian.
Taste Bites Drink Pairing
- Steak in red wine & chocolate sauce Les Jamelles Cabernet Sauvignon, 2012, IGP Pays D’Oc, France
- Chocolate & Beetroot Brownie Calem Ruby Port
- Dark Chocolate & Chilli Truffle Glenfiddich 14 yrs
- Hot whole orange “moelleux au chocolat” Glenrothes 1995
- Classic Chocolate Mousse with raspberries Fullers Vintage ale 2009
- Classic Belgian Truffle Prince Stirbey “Dessert” , Dr?g??ani, Romania
When: February 24, 19:00
Where: The London Street Bistro
15, Putul Lui Zamfir, Dorobanti, District 1, 011681 Bucharest, Romania
250 ron pp. Places limited booking only.