Simona Halep climbs to 4th WTA position after the Wimbledon triumph
Halep has climbed three positions and is now ranked 4th in the world with 5,933 points.
The first three positions remained unchanged, with Ashleigh Barty first (6,605 points), Naomi Osaka on the second position (6,257) and Karolina Pliskova on the third (6,055). Angelique Kerber has fallen on the 13th position, down from 5th, with 2,875 points.
Top 10 WTA rankings on July 15, 2019
- Ashleigh Barty (Australia) – 6,605 points;
- Naomi Osaka (Japan) – 6,257;
- Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) – 6,055;
- Simona Halep (Romania) – 5,933;
- Kiki Bertens (Netherlands) – 5,130;
- Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) – 4,785;
- Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) – 4,638;
- Sloane Stephens (US) – 3,802;
- Serena Williams (US) – 3,411
- Arina Sabalenka (Belarus) – 3,365.
Mihaela Buzărnescu is on the 55th, with 1,046 points, down two positions. Sorana Cîrstea is on the 81st, with 709 points, down four positions, and Monica Niculescu has returned to Top 100 after climbing from 111th place to the 99th – 616 points. Irina Begu, with 564 points, is 112th. Ana Bogdan climbs from the 132nd position to the 127th with 498 points, Elena Ruse is down from 176th to 178th with 332 points and Irina Bara – up from the 188th to 184th with 324 points.