Tennis: Simona Halep up to 2nd position in WTA rankings
Romanian tennis player Simona Halep, semi-finalist at the Miami Open, has climbed to the 2nd position in the WTA rankings with 5,782 points. Mihaela Buzărnescu has climbed two positions, up to 30th, with 1,650 points, while Irina Begu has climbed to the 69th with 802 points, according to the WTA rankings released on Monday.
Sorana Cîrstea is on the 105th position (down two positions) with 602 points, Ana Bogdan on 108th (one position down) Monica Niculescu on the 140th (two positions down) with 591 points, Alexandra Dulgheru on 161th two places), with 353 points and Irina Bara on 162nd after a three-position climb, with 351 points.
The top ten players in the ranking are:
Top 10 players in WTA rankings:
- Naomi Osaka (Japan) 6,021 points
- Simona Halep (Romania) 5,782;
- Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 5,645;
- Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 5,580;
- Angelique Kerber (Germany) 5,165;
- Kiki Bertens (Netherlands) 5,050;
- Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,020;
- Sloane Stephens (US) 4,287;
- Ashleigh Barty (Australia) 4,275;
- Arina Sabalenka (Belarus) 3,595.