Home / Tag Archives: BOR

Tag Archives: BOR

Dragnea’s stance on the referendum turnout, on BOR’s accusations. PSD chair advances idea of no threshold for referendum

In a first stance about the referendum’s outcome, the chairman of the ruling party, Liviu Dragnea says there will be no analysis within the party on the referendum, claiming the campaign had not been assumed by the party. However, he ...

Read More »

Orthodox Church: First reaction after referendum – Romanians’ attitude must be respected. Patriarchy thanks voters

The attitude that the Romanians have assumed, on casting their ballots or by non-voting, must be respected and analyzed, the Romanian Patriarchy has announced on Monday, following the invalidation of the referendum, stating that spiritual unity and further protection of ...

Read More »

BOR Patriarchate requests approval to build residential complex with 8-storey blocks, city hall counsellor says

The Patriarchate of the Romanian Orthodox Church (BOR) wants to build a residential complex on a 5,000-square-meter plot of land on Pajurei Street, with eight-storey apartment buildings, above the area’s height, Roxana Wring, USR Councillor in the Bucharest City Council ...

Read More »

Patriarch Daniel: King Michael was a man of great faith

Romanian Orthodox Church (BOR) Patriarch Daniel has granted an interview in more than ten years, saying that King Michael I loved the Romanian people and was a patient man with great faith. “We have to admit that the King loved ...

Read More »

BOR plans to stage the widest rally in its recent history in support of ‘the traditional Christian family ‘

The Romanian Orthodox Church (BOR) announced a national rally to support the values of the traditional Christian family on March 25. It’s for the first time that BOR is organizing such a wide manifestation. The decision was taken in the ...

Read More »

BOR complains that Orthodox churches are less than the ones of other cults

The Orthodox believers representing 86.45% of the Romanian population hold about 60 % of the offices for worship, while the other cults count for 40%, basilica.ro reports quoting a 2015 survey on the offices for worship in Romania published by ...

Read More »

Romanian Orthodox Church: All priests and church property managers will sign an Oath or act of honesty and fidelity to the Church

The priests and the entire staff in the management or execution positions with the Romanian Orthodox Church (BOR), as well as unpaid individuals, who administer ecclesiastical goods, will have to sign an oath or act of honesty and fidelity to ...

Read More »

BOR Patriarch welcomes Dutch Ambassador, discuss migrants’ issue

Romanian Orthodox Church (BOR) Patriarch Daniel has met on Tuesday the Dutch Ambassador in Bucharest Stella Ronner-Grubacic, in a presentation visit. His Beatitude said on this occasion that “the hospitality based on love and Christian philanthropy should be accompanied by ...

Read More »

‘Colectiv’ Club Tragedy: Patriarch Daniel unhappy with criticism against the Orthodox Church. Roman Catholic Archbishop Robu: ‘We should all be ashamed’

Patriarch Daniel (photo) says there is great hostility against the Orthodox Church, which is part of an ‘order’, trying to motivate why the priests were not presented to the club’s site after the devastating fire on the night of October ...

Read More »