Social Democrat senators from the Defence committee have cancelled the hearings scheduled today in the file of the riot police’s violent intervention during the Diaspora rally on August 10. Today, Bucharest prefect Speranta Cliseru and Interior minister Carmen Dan had ...Read More »
President Iohannis: The fact that the PSD Gov’t gassed and beat Romanians is unspeakable. What he says about Dragnea’s alleged murder attempt?
While in Sibiu on Friday to attend the National Liberal Party’s Executive Bureau, President Klaus Iohannis has slammed the riot police’s intervention during the Diaspora rally one more time. „I have received a report from the Presidential Administration. There have ...Read More »
Former Gendarmerie head, named first deputy chief. The gendarmes’ “conductor” heard at the Prosecutor’s Office. Another suspect in the weapon theft case, on remand
Former head of the Romanian Gendarmerie (Romania’s Riot Police), Sebastian Cucoş, has been appointed as first deputy general inspector of the same institution, the Interior Ministry has announced on Thursday. The rook at the helm of the Romanian Riot Police comes ...Read More »
Hearings in Parliament on August 10 protests: Interior Minister says not aware of intervention order. Opposition slams statements, the sitting’s secret status
Interior Minister Carmen Dan and the head of the Department of Emergency Situations, Raed Arafat as well as chiefs of Gendarmerie, including the gendarme who ordered the intervention against protesters during the Diaspora rally, have come before the Defence Committee ...Read More »
Riot Police coordinator during Diaspora rally: I apologize to all who suffered. Bucharest Prefect was on the scene. Decision to intervene was made at around 20:00h
Laurentiu Cazan, the coordinator of the gendarmes during the Diaspora rally on August 10, has made the first public statement about the Riot Police’s intervention on Thursday. He apologized to all people who had to suffer „for no reason” following ...Read More »
Military prosecutors received no information about the tear gas used during recent protests. What does the Riot Police say?
First-prosecutor of the Military Prosecutor’s Office upon Bucharest Military Tribunal, Ionel Corbu, who investigates the file of the Diaspora rally’s violence, has said on Wednesday that they had received no information about the tear gas used by the Riot Police ...Read More »
Violence Diaspora rally: Over 60 complaints filed against gendarmes at the the Military Prosecutor’s office
Military prosecutors have registered 63 criminal complaints filed by protesters against the riot police representatives so far. The gendarmes are accused of of abusive intervention during the Diaspora rally on August 10, which left over 400 injured. Two gendarmes were ...Read More »
33 injured people file criminal complaints against gendarmes. Hearings kick off today, investigation extended
33 of those over 400 people injured following the riot police’s intervention in force during the Diaspora rally on Friday have file criminal complaints against the Gendarmerie. Military prosecutors are probing if the gendarmes who intervened during the protest are ...Read More »
Romania 100 Platform, together with other 16 civic organizations have pressed charges to the Prosecutor’s Office against Interior Minister Carmen Dan, and against Bucharest Prefect, Speranta Cliseru, asking prosecutors to start criminal investigations against the two officials over the violent ...Read More »