Romania is one of the most conservative countries in the world and, at the same time, one of the fewest places where you can still experience an archaic lifestyle. And this confers it a huge touristic potential, being recommended by many media outlets as a top European travel destination in the past years. The new platform Travlocals.com is revealing the reasons why you should spend your next vacation in Romania.
- Romania’s relatively central location on the continent and the numerous low cost airlines makes it a very accessible destination from any corner of Europe. There are currently 8 airports that operate foreign low-cost flights and that cover the entire country.
- Romania is one of the cheapest European countries, according to statistics, ranking third after Albania and Bulgaria. No wonder that many tourists choose to spend extended holidays, for one week or more, unlike in the neighbouring countries, such as Bulgaria or Hungary, where the average stay stands at 3-4 days. This is due to the fact that Romania’s tourism is mainly based on local experiences.
- Romania is one of the most spectacular European countries in terms of relief and ecosystems. 28% of the country’s size is covered by mountains, 42% by hills and plateaus, and the rest by plains. At the same time, Romania has access to the Black Sea, with the summer season lasting around 4 months and it also houses the most preserved delta in the world, the Danube Delta, where tourism is developed eight months a year.
- Romania hosts over 50% of the large carnivores of Europe and the last virgin forests on the old continent. These resources are turning Romania in one of the main wildlife experiences destinations in the world. The guided tours to bear, stag, wild boar, lynx or even bison sanctuaries are luring tourist worldwide like a magnet.
- Romania is one of the most traditional countries in Europe, wonderfully preserving its ancient customs, particularly in the countryside communities in the mountain foothill areas or the ones in the Danube Delta. People still have centuries-old occupations here, which are vital for their daily lives.
- Romania is one of the most versatile and delicious European cuisines. Since ancient times, Romanians’ basic occupations have been agriculture, breeding animals and hunting, so that the Romanian cuisine has enjoyed most of the time of a wide range of eco-friendly foodstuff, traditional meat and dairy products. Following migrations and after the other peoples brought new occupations over the time and by the mix of these cultures, the Romanian cuisine has been influenced by the Balkan, Turkish, German, Serbian, Italian, Magyar cuisines, and, at present, the diversity of the Western dishes is putting its mark also on the Romanian ones.
- Romania has been voted in the top 10 of the most welcoming countries in the world, in a Guest Review Award survey conducted by a renowned international booking platform. Our country ranked sixth, and the ranking was based on the reviews given by tourists to all the services listed on the platform during the year.
- Romania is one of the safest countries in the world, ranking 25th in the latest 2019 Global Peace Index. Therefore, contrary to popular opinion, you have no reason to worry when wishing to spend your vacation in Romania.
- Romania is abounding in authentic accommodations in traditional houses, mansion houses, manors or castles. Many of these have been carefully restored and introduced in the tourist circuit, to the delight of guests from all around the world. Tariffs for one accommodation night in a premium location start from EUR 26/per night.
- Romania is bristling with tourist attractions and sights, some of them unique in the world. Here you will find the most spectacular alpine road in the world – Transfagarasanul, the largest sculpture in Europe – the statue of Dacian King Decebalus or the second largest open air museum in the world – Astra Museum in Sibiu. These are only some of the wonders that you can see if you decide to spend your next vacations in Romania.
By choosing to travel through Travlocals.com platform, you’ll be able to book the most beautiful experiences directly from the host, without having to pay additional fees. Besides, you’ll be able to ask in advance any details you consider essential for your future stay.